Last updated 11/13/21
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at EmpressMika.com (“Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so — for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect this information from the following sources:
Information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect information that you provide to us such as username, contact information, passwords and security data.
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register for an account, fill out your account profile information, or reach out to us via the contact form on the EmpressMika.com website or otherwise contacting us.
The information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and EmpressMika.com. The information we collect can include the following:
- Basic account information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who register for an EmpressMika.com account to provide an email address and password, along with a username or name — and that’s it. You may provide us with more information within your personal account profile, but we don’t require that information to create an EmpressMika.com account.
- Personal profile information: If you have an account with us, we collect the information that you provide for your personal account profile. For example, if you have an EmpressMika.com account, your username is part of that profile, along with any other information you choose put into your personal profile, like a photo or an “About Me” description. Your personal profile information is always kept private and is never shared publicly on the site.
- Contact information: If you use the contact form on EmpressMika.com to provide personal shipping information for purchased items, we’ll collect that information to mail out your items.
- Communications with us: If you use the contact form on EmpressMika.com for a general inquiry or sign up for a newsletter you may also provide us with personal information. When you communicate with us via form, email or otherwise, we store a copy of these communications.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our website.
The information we automatically collect can include the following:
- Log information: Like most websites, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, including the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use EmpressMika.com — for example, when you create or make changes to your EmpressMika.com profile.
- Usage information: We collect information about your usage of our site. For example, we collect information about what happens when you use our site along with information about your device. We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you and get insights on how people use our Services so we can make our Services better.
- Location information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit EmpressMika.com from certain geographic regions.
HOW AND WHY WE USE INFORMATION
- To provide our Services. For example, to set up and maintain your account, provide customer service, process orders, and verify user information.
- To ensure quality, maintain safety, and improve our Services. For example, by monitoring and analyzing how users interact with our Services so we can create new features that we think our users will enjoy and that will make our Services easier to use.
- To market our Services and measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our marketing. For example, by targeting our marketing messages to groups of our users (like those who have been users for a certain length of time), advertising our Services, analyzing the results of our marketing campaigns, and understanding and forecasting user retention.
- To protect our Services, our users, and the public. For example, by detecting security incidents; detecting and protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; fighting spam; complying with our legal obligations; and protecting the rights and property others, which may result in us, for example, terminating Services.
- To fix problems with our Services. For example, by monitoring, debugging, repairing, and preventing issues.
- To customize the user experience. For example, to personalize your experience by serving you relevant notifications for your account.
- To communicate with you. For example, sending out account admin emails (such as password reset emails), responding to information inquiries submitted through the EmpressMika.com contact form, or sending out marketing emails to users who have opted in to the Empress Mika mailing list. We do not send out marketing emails to users who have not opted into this mailing list. If you are on the mailing list and no longer want to receive these emails, you can opt out of marketing communications at any time (if you opt out, we’ll still send you necessary account admin emails).
LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING AND USING INFORMATION
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
- The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under the applicable terms of service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account — for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or
- The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
- We have a legitimate interest in using your information — for example, to provide and update our Services; to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience; to safeguard our Services; to communicate with you; to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our marketing; and to understand our user retention and attrition; to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services; and to personalize your experience; or
- You have given us your consent — for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable laws, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: site security, site maintenance, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking cookies on the site, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the site over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. We do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- Other Users. If you choose to share personal information or otherwise interact with public areas of EmpressMika.com, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the site in perpetuity.
We do not sell our users’ data. We aren’t a data broker, we don’t sell your personal information to data brokers, and we don’t sell your information to other companies that want to spam you with marketing emails.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. We monitor our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
In Short: We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
Our servers are located in the USA. If you are accessing EmpressMika.com from outside the USA, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information with (see the “Sharing Information” section above).
WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
In Short: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-party websites that may be linked to on EmpressMika.com, but are not affiliated with, our website.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using EmpressMika.com, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us using the site’s Contact Form.
WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the information that you provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional personal profile information.
- Opt out of marketing communications: If you have signed up to our mailing list, you may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us. Just follow the instructions in those communications or let us know. If you opt out of promotional communications, we may still send you other communications, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set your browser to reject cookies: You can set your browser to remove or reject non-essential browser cookies before using EmpressMika.com.
- Close your account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, you can close your account if you no longer want to use our Services. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above — for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests. If you wish to close your account please send your request via the Contact Form.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are located in a country that falls under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (aka the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you certain rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data.
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data.
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data.
- Request portability of your personal data.
You also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here.
Contacting Us About These Rights
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to or you’d like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to “How Can You Contact Us?” for information on how to submit a request.
When you contact us about one of your rights under this section, we’ll need to verify that you are the right person before we disclose or delete anything. For example, if you are a user of EmpressMika.com, we will need you to contact us from the email address associated with your account. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf by giving us written authorization. We may still require you to verify your identity with us.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
If you have questions or comments about this policy or if you would like to request access to, change, or delete the personal information we collect from you, in accordance with GDPR guidelines, please submit a request via the site’s Contact Form. We will respond to your request within 30 days.